It's Monday and that means it's time for another Case Study!
We really enjoyed this case study from NetPlus Marketing, an interactive agency, because it demonstrates the importance of two important direct marketing disciplines:
- The importance of measurement
- Smart use of targeting
The Client: Universal Studios Home Entertainment,I want to be clear that we've never worked with NetPlus. But, we liked their combination of sound direct marketing techniques and interactive creativity--clearly a winning combo for their client!
The Project: DVD Launch of Shaun of the Dead
The client's challenges to NetPlus: Leverage short-term, online promotions of niche DVD movie release to drive retail sales, primarily through brick-and-mortar stores
- Click-through rates 3.5 times higher than category benchmarks
- Interaction rates 4 times higher than category standards
- Interaction times twice as high as benchmarks, meaning thousands of additional hours of user interaction with the brand and movie titles
Strategy and tactics: A high-impact online marketing and advertising program to increase awareness within a tightly defined target audience. The program included:
Notable: The client was already expert in the art of using sound and motion to evoke emotion. NetPlus translated that power into an online experience that generated time spent with the brand, viral messaging and product sales. Among other successes, the NetPlus engagement for Universal produced unprecedented retail sell-through for a niche offering.
- Online media
- Rich media creative
- Tightly focused demographic, behavioral and contextual targeting
- Ads timed to day of week and hour of day for maximum impact
- Engaging, interactive user experience
- Measurable user responses
Quote - Randy Malinoff, VP Interactive Marketing, Universal Home Entertainment
"NetPlus provided a combination of strategic insight and tactical implementation that returned incredible results for us and began a great partnership. They make it easy to work with them and we know we can count on them for search and online advertising results."
On another topic--check out our new Analytical Blog this week for a series on direct marketing testing. Should provide some food for thought!
Happy Monday and Happy St Patrick's Day!