Friday, November 30, 2007
Friday Blog Log
We are so absolutely lucky to live in an age where there is just so much interesting stuff out there. We can access incredible creativity and great info with just a few clicks.
That's why we thought that it was time to introduce a weekly feature where we'll be highlighting blog posts and other things that we find to be interesting. We hope you like what we like!
1. Ron Shevlin's: It doesn't take a genius to read this blog. We love Ron's humor! And, in this post, he introduces a pretty nifty site that reviews your website or blog and reports on what reading level it is. For what it's worth, Ron's is graded at high school level, and ours is graded at college level. Hmmmm, what does that say about us, I wonder?
2. Avinash Kaushik's Ten More Blogging Tips from a Novice Blogger. Well, Avinash, for all his modesty, is hardly a novice blogger. He has one of the most popular blogs out there; topic is web analytics. Avinash is passionate about blogging, seems really kind and a great person. Plus, his blogging tips are right on the money.
3. The Viral Garden's list of the top 25 marketing blogs. I know, we're giving you a link to more links! But, this is a blog resource that I check out all the time. It points me in the direction of other marketing blogs that I should be reviewing. It's also fun to see who's most popular (Seth Godin, always).
4. Drew's Marketing Minute discusses how so many marketers miss the boat completely when they focus on product features, INSTEAD of on how the product will benefit its customers.
5. Becky Carroll's Customers Rock! blog post that provides some handy, and ever-so-practical public speaking tips.
6. And, finally, we'd love to extend an invitation to all of you smart readers to join a facebook group we recently joined. Started by Robert Rosenthal of Mothers of Invention, and called "What I Saw At the Direct Marketing Revolution," this is an up-and-coming community of savvy direct marketers. Check us out and please join in the fun and learning.
We hope you enjoy this new Friday Feature of ours. Let us know how we can improve, and if we've missed any good posts, please comment and share!