Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Measuring your online marketing

I found this chart today from Marketing Sherpa. Essentially, it provides some ideas of types of performance to measure throughout each phase of the sales process.

You know, as a long-time direct marketer, one of the key challenges I face on a daily basis is how to make sure that each campaign, each marketing dollar spent can be measured and accounted for. When my clients were only using channels such as direct mail and telemarketing, this task was a tad easier. In the multi-channel environment we live in now, the task can be fairly daunting.

Hopefully, like me, this chart will provide you with some good ideas on what exactly you can start to measure in terms of your online advertising programs. I like it because it makes me think not only about sales, but about clear, measurable events you can track as your prospects progress through the sales funnel.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Technology really has become completely integrated to our existence, and I am fairly certain that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as the price of memory drops, the possibility of copying our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could see in my lifetime.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://quizilla.teennick.com/stories/16129580/does-the-r4-or-r4i-work-with-the-new-ds]R4i[/url] DS SerVo)